After launching the Gionee Elife S5.5 in the mid-range smartphone market, Gionee is targeting the entry-level smartphone market with the Gionee P2S. It is the successor to the Gionee P2. It comes with similar hardware specifications with the Motorola Moto E, which is supposed to launch next week. Priced at around Rs 6,499, the Gionee P2S will give the Motorola Moto E a run for its money.
Gionee P2S Specifications
- 4 inch LCD display, WVGA (800 x 480 pixels) resolution, capacitive multitouch
- 1.3 GHz dual-core MediaTek MT6572 processor, Mali 400 GPU
- 512 MB of RAM, 4 GB internal storage, microSD card slot (up to 32 GB)
- Android 4.2.2 JellyBean
- 5 MP autofocus camera, LED flash, VGA front-facing camera
- dual SIM card slots, 3G, Wi-Fi b/g/n, GPS, microUSB v2.0 port
- 1600 mAh battery, 9.3 mm, 124 grams
The Gionee P2S will be offered in black, blue, white and pink colour options. Even Oppo Joy was launched this week with price similar to the Moto E but wasn’t on par in terms of hardware specifications. Gionee has been launching some great devices but it comes with Colour OS, which isn’t as smooth as stock Android. Gionee is still stuck with Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean operating system. Also, the Moto E will come with the latest Android 4.4.2 KitKat on board and 1 GB of RAM. Do you think Gionee has been successful enough with its brand recognition in India? What comes to your ming when you think about Gionee?
Computer science engineer turned technology blogger. Following consumer electronics industry closely from 2006, he can now predict pretty much where the market is heading. He has a dream to own Android, Windows Phone and iOS smartphones all at the same time.