Sony has just sent out the invites for a June 26 event in India. The invite says nothing but “Block your date”. The word on the street is that the new device which is expected to be launched is the Xperia Z3+ which is the current flagship for the brand globally. The Xperia Z3+ brings in a slight upgrade over the Xperia Z3 which brings it at par with the other flagships. The Xperia Z3+ is the global version of the Japan specific Xperia Z4.
The Xperia Z3+ water and dust resistant courtesy of IPX5, IPX6 and IPX8 certifications. The Xperia Z3+ brings with it a processor and front camera update over Xperia Z3 and boots Android 5.0.2 Lollipop. Here’s a quick look at the specifications of the device.
Sony Xperia Z3+ specifications
- 5.2-inch TriLuminos IPS LCD display, 1920 x 1080 pixels, Tempered Glass
- Android 5.0 Lollipop with Sony’s custom UI
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 chipset, 2.0 GHz/1.5 GHz octa-core 64-bit CPU, Adreno 430 GPU
- 3GB RAM
- 32GB internal storage, expandable memory via microSD card slot (up to 128GB)
- 20.7MP primary camera, 1/2.3-inch BIS Exmor RS sensor, BIONZ image processor, LED flash, Digital Image Stabilisation
- 5.1MP secondary camera, BIS Exmor R sensor, 25mm wide-angle lens
- 4G LTE, FM Radio, dual-band Wi-Fi ac/a/b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, Miracast, DLNA, Wi-Fi Hotspot, Bluetooth v4.1, and GPS with A-GPS/GLONASS/Beidou
- NFC, Micro-USB port (without flap), MHL, USB OTG, USB Host, and 3.5mm headphone jack
- 2,930 mAh battery
The Xperia Z3+ is expected to be priced around the Rs 45,000-50,000 mark when it launches in India.