Just a week before the commencement of MWC 2015, Sony has announced two new smartphones – Sony Xperia E4g and Sony Xperia E4g Dual. Both these devices are 4G LTE variants of the Xperia E4 and the Xperia E4 Dual respectively. However, they also come with a slight change in their hardware specifications. Instead of a 5-inch qHD display, both these devices are equipped with a smaller 4.7-inch qHD display, along with a faster 1.5GHz quad-core MediaTek MT6732 processor with 64-bit CPU cores.
Sony Xperia E4g and Sony Xperia E4g Dual specifications
- 4.7-inch qHD (960 x 540 pixels) IPS display with scratch-resistant glass
- Android 4.4.4 KitKat operating system with Sony's Xperia UI
- MediaTek MT6732 processor, 1.5 GHz quad-core 64-bit CPU, Mali-T760 GPU, and 1GB RAM
- 8GB internal memory along with a microSD card slot
- 5MP primary camera, autofocus, LED flash, and 2MP secondary camera
- 4G, Dual SIM (E4g Dual), Wi-Fi b/g/n, Bluetooth v4.1, A-GPS, NFC, FM Radio, 3.5 mm audio jack, and microUSB v2.0 port
- 2300 mAh battery, STAMINA Mode; 133x71x10.8 mm; 135g
Similar to its battery life claims about Xperia E4 and Xperia E4 Dual, Sony is promising a 2-day battery life on these entry-level smartphones. These dual-SIM Android smartphones will be offered in Black and White colours, and will go on sale in April 2015 with a price tag of around 129 Euros (~ Rs. 9,103).