Sony Mobiles is trying to up the ante in the mid-range segment and is launching quite a few devices these days for the segment. It recently launched the Xperia C4 and has now launched the Xperia A4 which is meant to cater to the ones who are looking for a good spec sheet in a compact package.
It will be present on the higher end of the mid-range. It has been launched for the NTT Docomo line-up but there is quite a high chance that this one will probably get re-branded as Sony Xperia Z4 Compact in near future. It has a 4.6HD display and packs in a decent amount of punch in the processing department courtesy of its 2.5GHz quad-core Snapdragon 801 chipset under the hood.
There is a 20.7-megapixel camera at the rear with a aperture size of f/2.0 and BIONZ image processing engine. A 2.2-megapixel camera will be present up front to help take care of your selfies and video calling. Let us take a quick look at the specifications of the device:
Sony Xperia A4 specifications
- 4.6-inch Triluminos display, 1,280 x 720 pixels
- Android 5.0 Lollipop
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor, 2.5 GHz quad-core CPU, Adreno 330 GPU
- 2GB RAM
- 16GB internal storage, expandable by 128GB
- 20.7-megapixel rear camera with LED flash, 2.2-megapixel front camera
- IPX58 / IP6X certified for dust and water-proofing
- 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac , Bluetooth 4.0 with APT-X, GPS with GLONASS, MHL and NFC
- 2,600 mAh battery
It comes in grey, white, blue and pink colour options. The smartphone is present in the home market Japan only as of now but will soon roll out to other nations with probably a different name.