Sony has launched its latest smartphone series - the Xperia X and Xperia XA in India. As for the specifications, the Sony Xperia X runs Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow out-of-the-box with its own Xperia UI skin on top. It houses a 5-inch Full HD (1080x1920 pixels) resolution Triluminos display and packs the hexa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 650 processor, clubbed with 3GB RAM and Adreno 510 GPU. To recap, these devices were first showcased at MWC 2016.
The Xperia X houses 64GB of inbuilt storage, which can be expanded via a microSD card up to 200GB. The Xperia X includes a 23MP rear camera with Exmore RS sensor, autofocus, and LED flash. It also has a 13MP front-facing camera with the same Exmore RS image sensor. On its connectivity front, the device supports, 4G LTE, GPS, A-GPS, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth v4.2, NFC and Micro USB connectivity. It is backed by a 2620mAh battery and has Quick Charging 2.0 support. There are four color variants available to choose -- White, Graphite Black, Rose Gold and Lime Gold. The Sony Xperia X is priced at Rs. 48,990.
On the other hand, Sony Xperia XA is an Android Marshmallow-based smartphone that comes with the 5-inch display, but with a lower HD resolution. It is powered by an Octa-core MediaTek Helio P10 (MTK6755) processor, clubbed with 2GB RAM. It has 16GB of inbuilt support that can be expanded to to 200GB via a microSD card. The Sony Xperia XA supports the same connectivity features as the Xperia X. The smartphone includes a 2300mAh battery, which also supports Quick Charging technology. There is no fingerprint sensor in the model. The Xperia XA will be available in the same colors as the Xperia X, but at a lower pricing of Rs. 20,990.
The Xperia X goes on sale on starting June 7, while Xperia XA will be from June 18. Both are up for pre-orders exclusively from Amazon India and come with dual-SIM support.
Sony Xperia X specifications
- 5-inch HD Triluminos display with a resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels
- 64-bit Hexa-Core Snapdragon 650 chipset paired with 3GB of RAM
- 32GB internal storage, expandable up to 200GB via microSD card
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- 23MP primary camera and 13MP front-facing camera
- Measures 69.4 x 142.7 x 7.9mm; and Weighs 153 grams
- dual-SIM (depending on the variant), 4G LTE / 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS/ GLONASS, NFC, Fingerprint sensor
- 2630mAh Battery with Qnovo’s Adaptive Charging technology
Sony Xperia XA specifications
- 5-inch curved glass edge-to-edge display with a resolution of 1280 x 720 pixels
- 1.8 GHz octa-core MediaTek Helio P10 (MT6755) chipset paired with 3GB of RAM
- 16GB internal storage, expandable up to 200GB via microSD card
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- 13MP primary camera and 8MP front-facing camera
- Measures 143.6 x 66.8 x 7.9mm; and Weighs 137 grams
- dual-SIM (depending on the variant), 4G LTE / 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS
- 2300mAh Battery with Qnovo’s Adaptive Charging technology