Samsung has just launched a rugged version of its flagship Galaxy S6 with the name Galaxy S6 Active in US. The smartphone comes with IP68 and Mil-STD-810G-certified protection. This makes the smartphone dust proof completely and it can be submerged in water for up to 30 minutes at a depth of up to 1.5 metres.
The Galaxy S6 Active sees a bump in the battery and has a capacity of 3,500 mAh. The regular Galaxy S6 has a battery of 2,550 mAh. The styling takes a hit but the functionality on offer is better than losing out your smartphone to an occasional splash of water. The rest of the specifications are the same as the regular Galaxy S6. Here’s a quick look at what the Galaxy S6 Active has on offer:
Samsung Galaxy S6 Active
- 5.1-inch Super AMOLED display, QHD (2560 x 1440 pixels) resolution, 577 ppi, Gorilla Glass 4
- Android 5.0.2 Lollipop with TouchWiz UX
- Exynos 7420 processor (14nm), 64-bit octa-core CPU (4 x Cortex A57 @ 2.1GHz + 4 x Cortex A53 @ 1.5GHz), and Mali-T760MP6 GPU
- 3GB LP-DDR4 RAM, 32GB internal memory, no microSD card slot
- 16MP primary camera, autofocus, f/1.9 aperture, LED flash, OIS, 4K video recording
- 5MP secondary camera, wide-angle lens, 1080p video recording
- 4G LTE Cat. 6 (300/50Mbps), 3G HSPA+ (42/5.76Mbps), Nano SIM, FM Radio, GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, Beidou
- Dual-band Wi-Fi ac/b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, Wi-Fi Hotspot, DLNA, Bluetooth v4.1 (A2DP, LE, and Apt-X), and IR port
The smartphone is only available in the US only for the time being and details about its global availability outside the US is unknown for the time being. It will be available in Camo Blue, Camo White and Gray colour options.