Samsung has just launched the Galaxy S5 in India which will become available from 11th April. Samsung hasn’t revealed its price but has stated that it will be available at a price pegged between Rs 51,000 and Rs 53,000. We’d get the octa core variant of the device instead of the Snapdragon 801 variant. Let us take a look at its specifications:
- 5.1-inch Super AMOLED display with a resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels
- Exynos 5422 octa core processor which has four Cortex A15 cores clocked at 1.9 GHz and four Cortex A7 cores clocked at 1.3 GHz.
- ARM Mali T628 MP6 GPU
- Android 4.4.2 KitKat
- 2GB RAM
- 16GB internal storage which can be expanded by another 64GB
- 16MP rear camera with a BSI sensor and LED flash alongside support for Ultra HD video recording, 2.1MP front camera
- Infrared blaster and IP67 certification for water and dust resistance
- It will get a slew of health related functionalities courtesy of S Health 3.0, Heart rate sensor and compatibility with the Gear 2, Gear 2 Neo and Gear Fit
- 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth v4.0 LE, GPS, USB 3.0 and NFC for connectivity
- 2800 mAh Battery
- Charcoal Black, Shimmery White, Electric Blue and Copper Gold
- Price: Between Rs 51,000-53,000
The smartphone will go pre-ordering on 29th March and the final price will be revealed when it goes on sale. We think that Samsung has overdone the premium pricing this time around and the price seems ridiculously high for the specifications it packs in. Let us see how customers receive it and do drop in with your opinion as well regarding the device.