The flagship smartphones these days are getting the water and dust proofing treatment courtesy of the trend started by Sony when it launched the Xperia Z. With lives getting hectic these days, people tend to drop their smartphones in water unintentionally and end up regretting it. Manufacturers are taking care of this issue by bringing the smartphones with a IPxx rating which makes them water/dust proof. Samsung is ready to up the ante in the flagship arena and has launched a tougher version of the Galaxy S5 (which already is IP67 certified) in the form of Galaxy S5 Active.
- 5.1 inch display, 1920 x 1080 pixels, Super AMOLED
- 2.5 GHz quad-core Snapdragon 801, Krait 400 CPU, Adreno 330 GPU, 2GB RAM
- Android 4.4.2 KitKat, TouchWiz UI.
- 16GB internal storage, expandable by 128GB courtesy of the microSD card slot
- 16MP rear camera, phase detection autofocus, 4K video recording, LED flash
- 2.1MP front-facing camera, full HD 1080p video recording, Dual Shot
- IP67 certified, water and dust resistant
- Shockproof (Meets standards of US Mil-STD 810G for shock, temperature, humidity, rain and altitude resistance)
- 4G/3G, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0 and NFC for connectivity
- 2,800 mAh battery
- Camo Green, Titanium Gray and Ruby Red colour choices
It has been announced as an AT&T exclusive for US as of now but seeing the fact that it can do well alongside the flagship S5 globally, we expect Samsung to launch it in other countries too.