Samsung has just taken the covers off the Galaxy S4 Mini Plus smartphone in Europe. The mid-range comes as a successor of the two year old Galaxy S4 Mini. This is quite an odd timing for the device as a device with this moniker should have instead been launched a while ago.
Samsung has brought in only minor additions over the previous version. It gets an upgraded chipset and adds 4G LTE. But barring that, there are no other changes to the smartphone in terms of the specs. It even runs the older Android 4.4 KitKat. Let us quickly go through its specifications:
Galaxy S4 Mini specifications
- 4.3-inch Super AMOLED display with a resolution of 960 x 540 pixels, ~256 ppi
- Android 4.4 KitKat
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 SoC, 1.2 GHz quad-core CPU
- 1.5GB RAM
- 8GB internal storage which is expandable by another 64GB with a microSD card slot
- 8-megapixel rear camera with LED flash and a 1.9-megapixel front camera
- 4G LTE, 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth v 4.0, GPS with GLONASS, Infrared and dual SIM connectivity
- 1,900mAh battery
Expect it to cost around the Rs 10,000 mark if and when it makes its way to India.