Following a series of leaks and speculations, the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 is all set to come out of the veil on August 2 at Samsung's Unpacked event. Today, the company revealed that the Note 7 would feature an all new S Pen, even the event invite also showcases an image of the S Pen.
The device is anticipated to come in Black Onyx, Silver Titanium, and Blue Coral color variants. The pricing and availability details will be unleashed at the event next month. The Unpacked event is slated for August 2 at New York at 11:00 AM EDT (8:30 PM IST). Interestingly, Samsung will be holding simultaneous events in Rio de Janeiro and London. These events will be live streamed on Samsung's official website.
Talking about the Galaxy Note7 and revealing the reason for neglecting the Note6 version, Samsung said,"The Galaxy Note7 is a powerful instrument for achievement and self-expression and is made for those who want to get the most from their phones – and their lives. Galaxy Note7 will help people do more at work, at home and everywhere in between. We can’t wait to tell you more about it! First and foremost, though, you might be curious as to why it’s called Galaxy Note7 instead of Galaxy Note6. There are a couple of reasons why. First, the Galaxy Note7 will complement our Galaxy S7 and S7 edge, and unify our product portfolio. Second, the Galaxy Note7 will minimize confusion about the latest mobile technology from Samsung, and provide full alignment with Galaxy S smartphone."
Samsung Galaxy Note7 rumored specifications
- 5.7-inch Quad HD Super AMOLED curved edge display with a resolution of 2560×1440 pixels
- Octa-Core Exynos 8 / Quad-core Snapdragon 821 chipsets clubbed with 6GB of RAM
- 64GB of expandable internal storage and Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- 12MP primary camera with LED Flash, dual-pixel PDAF, Smart OIS, and 5MP selfie camera
- IP68 rating for water and dust resistance, Heart rate sensor, Fingerprint sensor, Iris scanner, Barometer, S Pen
- 4G LTE, 3G, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.2 LE, NFC, and USB Type-C
- 3600mAh battery with fast charging