The smartphone is super-hyped as there were continuous fakes, outright leaks and even event re-scheduling – all prove the crazy levels of interest behind the Galaxy S3. It is expected this smartphone will cement Samsung’s lead over its rivals like Nokia, Apple and HTC.
The GS3 (GT-I9300) improves a lot on the predecessor GS2, which is a big hit. Galaxy S3 is powered by Samsung’s own Exynos 4 Quad core 1.4GHz processor and runs latest Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich, though capacitative touch experience will be given by Samsung’s latest TouchWiz Nature UX. Rear camera has improved a lot – so many added features!
Samsung’s exclusive features on Galaxy S III:
S Beam, S Health, Buddy photo share (automatically sends photos to friends and family for you), Share shot, AllShare Play, AllShare Cast, Smart stay, Social tag, Group tag, Face zoom, Face slide show, Direct call, Smart alert, Tap to top, Camera quick access, Pop up play, Direct Call, S Voice (a Siri-like voice command module), SmartStay (which cleverly keeps the display from timing out by using the front-facing camera to detect when you're looking at the screen) Burst shot (can take 2 continuous snaps) & Best photo, Recording snapshot, HDR and improved zero lag shutter, a Music Hub (gives access over 17 million tracks and Scan & Match feature), exclusive version of Flipboard, Wireless charging.
In the event Samsung also unveils Galaxy S III accessories including a flip cover, battery-charging stand, spare battery, car dock, "metallic docking stand" and HDMI adapter, AllCast wireless dongle, a Wireless Charging Kit and an S-pebble MP3 player.
Samsung Galaxy S III will be started rolling over shops in Europe from May 30th. The European version will be HSPA+ supported. LTE markets like America, Japan and Korea will get the LTE variants of GS3 in June. The phone will be hitting some 296 mobile operators in 145 countries, according to the company. Samsung will offer 50GB of online storage via a partnership with Dropbox.
Pricing of the smartphone is yet to disclose. But without contract Galaxy S III is expected to be priced around $550.
Samsung Galaxy S III Quick Specs:
- scratch-resistant Gorilla Glass 2 coated 4.8 inch Super AMOLED (1280 x 720) display, 306 PPI
- Quad Core 1.4 Ghz Cortex A9 processor/1GB RAM/Mali-400MP GPU/ Exynos 4212 Quad Chipset
- Android v 4.0.4 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
- Network: 2.5G (GSM/ GPRS/ EDGE): 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz; 3G (HSPA+ 21Mbps): 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100 MHz; 4G (Dependent on market)
- 16/ 32GB User memory (64GB coming soon) + microSD slot (up to 64GB)
- 8 Megapixel Auto Focus camera with Flash, 1080p HD recording @30fps; 1.9 MP front-facing camera
- Micro SIM support
- GPS/GLONASS, NFC, Bluetooth 4.0, USB 2.0 via MicroUSB port for charging and data sync, Accelerometer, RGB light, Digital compass, Proximity, Gyroscope, Barometer, Stereo FM radio with RDS
- Removable Li-ion 2100 mAh battery
- Dimension - 136.6 x 70.6 x 8.6 mm; Weight 133 grams