Samsung has been constantly losing ground in the budget smartphone segments in India but that hasn't kept it away from launching budget handsets in the country. The latest budget handset to be launched by the brand is the Galaxy Grand Neo Plus which comes with a sticker price of Rs 9,990.
The specifications are nothing spectacular and Samsung has trimmed down on quite a few features to arrive at a lower price tag. It has a 5-inch WVGA display which is below par even for a sub Rs 10,000 smartphone. It has a 1.2GHz quad-core processor based on Cortex A7 architecture from Broadcomm. 1GB of RAM joins in for taking care of the multitasking department.
There's a 5-megapixel camera with a LED flash at the back and a 2-megapixel front camera. Let us take a quick look at the specifications of the smartphone.
Samsung Galaxy Grand Neo Plus specifications
- 5-inch display, 800 x 480 pixels
- Android 4.4.4 KitKat
- 1.2GHz quad-core Broadcomm processor, Broadcomm Videocore 4 GPU
- 1GB RAM
- 8GB internal storage, expandable with microSD card (up to 64GB)
- 5-megapixel rear camera with LED flash, 2-megapixel front camera
- Dual SIM, 3G, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, microUSB and Bluetooth 4.0
- 2,100 mAh battery
It will be available in white, blue and golden colours. Samsung has left us un-impressed with this new budget smartphone and you can get a plethora of better options in the market for the same price.