Reliance Jio which is expecting a August 2014 wide level trials and any time in 2015 for commercial roll out is on its way create several data centers across the country. As per the media reports Jio will have 14 data centers in the country. All of them will few of the largest data centers in the world with space of 50,000 - 7,00,000 sq ft.
Expected list of Jio's data center goes below:
1. Reliance Corporate Park, Navi Mumbai - two
2. Mauda, Nagpur - two
3. NCR, New Delhi - two
4. Jamnagar, Gujarat - four
5. West Bengal ( either in Kolkata or near sea) - one
6. Andra Pradeah - one
7. Chennai, Tamilnadu - one
8. Bangaluru, Karnataka - one
The impact of setting up data centers in several numbers will be strong and focus on Jio's data based venture for the future.
* Jio will create huge job opportunities, which is one of the targets to be fulfilled by BJP-led government.
* Jio is looking for cloud services, a market is yet to tap.
* Online TV and other entertainment packages can easily be stored over cloud of Jio and can be watched anywhere in the country without hiccups.
* Jio can host servers of international websites in India - load over international bandwidth channels will be diminished.
* Jio may shake hands with Reliance Communications' subsidiary and cloud-expert Reliance Global Cloud Xchange as technology partners.
* With hosting several social media websites in India, the data can be misused by Indian jurisdiction as it can push the companies to show any internet user's information, which may go against freedom of expression.