Reliance Jio is once again down for another battle which seems to be slowly brewing in the Indian telecom sector. With the introduction of an exceedingly economic postpaid plan at Rs 199, Reliance Jio is once again trying to bring back the nostalgic days of 2016 when it gave a hard time to the incumbent telcos like Bharti Airtel, Idea Cellular and Vodafone India by racking up subscribers at a rate never seen before. This “JioPostpaid” plan comes with a ‘zero-touch’ scheme meaning that all the services in the plan will come pre-activated for the users. There are also the usual benefits of 4G data and unlimited local, STD and roaming calls along with free SMS. One more thing which adds up to the reasons why consumers will buy the JioPostpaid is the pre-activated international calling which will be priced starting at 50 paise per minute up to Rs 6 per minute.
Here are the must know things about “JioPostpaid”
1. The official website of Reliance Jio has outlined the plan details in depth, and now we’ve come to know that Jio will provide users with 25GB of high-speed data per billing cycle to the users, under this Rs 199 postpaid plan. There is also going to be the unlimited free local and STD calling facility. Further, upon finishing the limit of 25GB data, the users will be charged Rs 20 per GB as informed by the official Reliance Jio website.
2. One very impressive add-on with this postpaid plan is the pre-activation of the services which comes as default under “JioPostpaid”. Users will be able to turn on international roaming with “one-click” along with the pre-activated international calls. To make this plan even better both international calling and international roaming will be bundled with the plan without any additional monthly cost.
3. To add up to all this, Reliance Jio has also introduced international calling and international roaming plans for its users on both postpaid and prepaid subscription.
4. To get the international roaming services rolling, Jio has already revealed the prices for the same which start at Rs 2 – 2 – 2 for Voice – Data – SMS which translated to Rs 2 per minute for a voice call, Rs 2 per MB for data, and Rs 2 per SMS on international roaming network.
5. The 2-2-2 pricing for international roaming will be applicable in 33 countries which will include the US, the UAE, the UK, Canada, New Zealand and the Netherlands as per Reliance Jio’s website. In other 42 other countries, including Australia, China, Russia, Germany, Kuwait, Myanmar, South Korea and Spain there will be a similar 10-10-10 cost levied on using the voice, data and SMS services on international roaming.
6. To provide some flexibility to the users opting for international roaming services Jio will be offering two options for the customers, they will be able to choose from “unlimited data and voice packs”, or they can choose to enjoy the connectivity without opting for any pack.
7. The different plans which Reliance Jio has introduced under its international roaming tag come in Rs 575, Rs 2,875 and Rs 5,751. The Rs 575 pack will have a one-day validity, the Rs 2,875 pack will be valid for seven days and lastly the Rs 5,751 pack with a validity of 30 days. Additionally, while the Rs 575 and Rs 2,875 packs will offer 250 MB of high-speed data per day, the Rs 5,751 pack will provide a total of 5GB of high-speed data on international roaming. The above three plans all come with the facility of unlimited voice calling and SMSes. Also, the data remains unlimited with the post FUP speed capped at 64 Kbps after users finish their data limit.