Panasonic has been coming up with a new launch every now and then and the OEM has now launched another budget smartphone in India named the P55 Novo for Rs 9,290. The highlight of the smartphone is that it doubles up as a universal remote by using the infrared blaster it comes with. It has the Peel Smart remote app which lets you control television, air conditioner, set-top boxes and other devices which use a remote for operation.
The P55 Novo has a 1.4GHz octa-core processor ticking under the hood and a 5.3-inch IPS LCD display adorns the front of the smartphone. The camera module comprises of a 13-megapixel camera at the rear with a triple LED flash (the first for a sub-Rs 10,000 smartphone) and a 5-megapixel front camera with a LED flash.
Let us quickly take a look at its specifications:
Panasonic P55 Novo specifications
- 5.3-inch IPS display, 1280 x 720 pixels
- Android 4.4.2 KitKat
- 1.4 GHz octa-core processor (probably MediaTek), 1GB RAM
- 8GB internal memory, expandable via microSD card (up to 32GB)
- 13-megapixel rear camera with triple LED flash, 5-megapixel front camera
- 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS and dual SIM
- 2,500 mAh battery
It will be available in gold, grey and blue colours in the first week of July across offline and online retail stores.