Panasonic has just launched a new octa-core smartphone named the Eluga Z in the country for Rs 13,490. The Eluga Z’s body has been made with CNC based metal grinding technique which gives it a metallic finish and solid strength. It has a fabric texture back cover. The thickness is just 6.8mm and it tips the weighing scales at just 120 grams.
The display is a 5-inch HD AMOLED display with Onecell capacitive touch technology. The smartphone has a new FitHome interface which comes with a slew of gesture based controls like double tap to unlock and smart swipe wherein you can use a combination of fingers and direction to undertake pre-defined functions. It gets a 1.4GHz octa-core processor from MediaTek ticking inside it and 2GB of RAM takes care of the multitasking.
Let us quickly take a look at its specifications:
Panasonic Eluga Z specifications
- 5-inch OnCell HD AMOLED display, 1280 x 720 pixels
- Android 4.4 KitKat
- 1.4 GHz octa-core processor, 2GB RAM
- 16GB internal storage, expandable via microSD card (up to 32GB)
- 13-megapixel rear camera with LED flash, 5-megapixel front camera
- Dual SIM, 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS and USB OTG
- 2,050mAh battery
The smartphone will be available this week in the country. The fact that it runs Android 4.4 KitKat just doesn’t work and many users may sway away from it because of this reason.