Oppo, the famous Chinese smartphone brand, has introduced a brand new mid-range Android smartphone, the Oppo R7s at an event during 35th GITEX Technology Week in Dubai. The Oppo R7s is a variant of the Oppo R7 Plus, but has a smaller display, a smaller battery, but higher amount of RAM at 4GB. It features a sleek and slim design with metal unibody that has Gorilla Glass 3 at the front and a velvety metallic coating at the back for premium design and feel.
Oppo R7s Specifications
- 5.5-inch AMOLED display, 1,080 x 1,920 pixels, Gorilla Glass 3, Gloved and Wet touch input support
- Android 5.1 Lollipop-based ColorOS 2.1
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 (MSM8939), octa-core ARM Cortex-A53 CPU, Adreno 405 GPU
- 4GB RAM, 32GB internal storage, and microSD card slot (uses SIM 2 slot)
- 13MP primary camera, autofocus, LED flash, f/2.2 aperture, and 1080p video recording
- 8MP secondary camera, f/2.4 aperture, and 720p video recording
- Dual-SIM (Nano SIM), 4G LTE (150Mbps DL), 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi ac/b/g/n, Bluetooth v4.0, GPS (with A-GPS and GLONASS), and microUSB v2.0 port (supports USB OTG)
- 3,000 mAh Li-Po battery with VOOC Rapid Charge capability; 151.8 x 75.4 x 6.95 mm; 155g
The device runs Android 5.1 Lollipop-based ColorOS 2.1, and features a 5.5-inch 1080p AMOLED display, an octa-core Snapdragon 615 processor, 4GB RAM, 32GB internal storage space, a microSD card slot, dual-SIM card slot, and a 3,000 mAh battery. In the imaging department, the device features a 13-megapixel primary camera with 1080p video recording, and an 8-megapixel secondary camera with 720p video recording. In terms of connectivity, this device features 4G LTE, Wi-Fi ac/b/g/n, Bluetooth v4.0, GPS, and a microUSB v2.0 port.
The Oppo R7 Plus and the Oppo R7 Lite are already available in India, but the company hasn’t announced any information about the availability of the Oppo R7s in the country. According to us, this new smartphone will compete with the likes of Samsung Galaxy A8, the Sony Xperia M5, and the upcoming HTC A9 when it launched in India. The pricing of the Oppo R7s will play a major role in the device’s success in the country. What do you think about the design of the Oppo R7s?