Oppo, the Chinese OEM that has been busy launching a slew of premium budget handsets these days (only in terms of pricing) has just launched the 2015 iteration of the Neo 5. It will come in two variants, namely the Neo 5 (2015) and Neo 5s. The ‘s’ in the latter stands for Snapdragon as it uses a chipset from Qualcomm. The Neo 5 on the other hand, makes use of a MT6582 chipset.
The duo shares majority of its specifications with the chipset and expandable memory being the only differences between them. Oppo is stating that the two smartphones have been built using a double-metallic layer structure which not only makes the devices compact and sturdy, but also helps in a better heat dissipation.
Both the smartphones get a reflective laminated back which gives an appearance of being a glass rear. Let us take a quick look at what the duo has on offer.
Oppo Neo 5 (2015)/Neo 5s specifications
- 4.5-inch display, 854 x 480 pixels, 218 ppi
- Android 4.4 KitKat with ColorOS v 2.0.1
- MediaTek 6582 chipset, 1.3GHz quad-core CPU (Cortex A7), dual-core Mali-400MP2 GPU/ Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 chipset, 1.2GHz quad-core CPU (Cortex A53), Adreno 306 GPU
- 8GB internal storage, expandable via microSD card (32GB/128GB)
- 8MP primary camera, LED flash, f/2.2 aperture
- 2MP front camera, f/2.8 aperture
- 4G LTE (only Snapdragon 410), 3G, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, micro-USB, GPS and dual SIM
The pricing and availability details haven’t been announced yet. It will be available in White and Sapphire Blue colour options