Oppo has quietly listed the Joy 3 budget smartphone on its global website. The Joy 3 takes over from the Joy Plus that was launched earlier this year. Oppo has focused on the build quality of the device and has used a metallic frame construction for it. Barring this, all its specs are quite uninspiring.
The device features a 4.5-inch FWVGA display runs Android 4.4 KitKat based ColorOS 2.0 in this day and age when the low cost handsets are making the shift to Android Lollipop. There’s just 4GB of internal storage present on board which can be expanded by a microSD card but then you won’t be able to install your apps on the memory card either.
It draws its processing power from a 1.3GHz quad-core MediaTek chipset which joins hands with 1GB of RAM. Let us quickly go through its specifications:
Oppo Joy 3 specifications
- 4.5-inch IPS TFT display, 854 x 480 pixels
- Android 4.4 KitKat based ColorOS 2.0
- MediaTek MT6582 chipset, 1.3GHz quad-core CPU, Mali-400MP2 GPU
- 1GB RAM
- 4GB internal storage, expandable via microSD card (up to 32GB)
- 5-megapixel camera with LED flash, 2-megapixel front camera
- Dual SIM (3G+2G), Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS, and USB OTG
- 2,000 mAh battery
Expect details about its pricing to be revealed soon.