After a series of teasers, the Oppo A37 had finally been made official worldwide. The smartphone was first introduced in China, in April. The device will be available in Gold, Rose Gold, and Grey color options, for a price of $199 (Rs. 13400 approx.), which will distinguish market-wise. We expect the device to go on sale in India soon.
The Oppo A37 runs Android 5.1 Lollipop with Oppo’s in-house ColorOS 3.0 on top. It sports an 8-megapixel rear camera with LED flash, f/2.2 aperture, 1/3.2-inch BSI sensor,1.4?m pixel size, 1080p video recording, along with a 5-megapixel selfie camera with f/2.2 aperture, 1.4?m pixel size, 1/4-inch sensor, and OmniBSI+. Unlike the one launched in China, the global variant comes powered by a quad-core Snapdragon 410 chipset in lieu of MediaTek’s octa-core MT6750 chipset. The device support dual-SIM connectivity (nano), which is yet again different from its Chinese variant that comes with Hybrid dual-SIM support. The main highlight in terms of design is its 7.6mm slim body.
Oppo A37 specifications
- 5-inch HD IPS 2.5D curved glass display (1280 x 720 pixels)
- 64-bit 1.2 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 (MSM8916) chipset with Adreno 306 GPU and 2GB of RAM
- 16GB internal memory, expandable up to 128GB via microSD card
- Android 5.1 Lollipop with ColorOS 3.0 on top
- 8MP rear camera with LED Flash, and 5MP front camera
- dual-SIM, 4G LTE, 3G, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, and GPS
- Measures 143.1×71×7.68mm; Weighs 136 grams
- 2630mAh built-in battery