OnePlus One, the flagship killer smartphone is continuing to sell in strong numbers despite the rumours of OnePlus 2 coming soon. The fact of the matter is that it comes forth as a really strong value-for-money package and its just hard to ignore it when considering a new smartphone. The smartphone has been an exclusive to Amazon.in till now but it seems like that it will now be available on Flipkart as well. The 64GB Sandstone black variant (Rs 21,998) is expected to be launched first and the 16GB variant (Rs 18,998) will join in later on.
Flipkart has started teasing the launch of the device through social media stating "The One Wish Flipkart hasn't fulfilled yet...is about to come true soon". As per the word on the street, the launch will take place on June 22. It is slowly becoming a common practice among OEMs that they initially launch their devices as an exclusive to a single e-commerce platform and then shift to launching devices on other e-commerce portals as well.
Xiaomi recently did the same when it launched its store on Amazon and Snapdeal after being exclusive to Flipkart for a while. Microsoft too had an exclusive store on Amazon for a while but it recently launched its store on Snapdeal. OnePlus 2 is expected to be launched in Q3 2015 and this makes us wonder if the successor of the OnePlus One will be an exclusive to Amazon.in or it will be available on Flipkart as well in India.
Here's a quick recap of its specifications:
OnePlus One specifications
- 5.5-inch IPS LCD, 1920 x 1080 pixels, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Android 5.0.2 Lollipop based Cyanogen 12s
- Qualcomm MSM8974AC Snapdragon 801 SoC, 2.5 GHz quad-core CPU, Adreno 330 GPU
- 3GB RAM
- 64GB of non-expandable internal storage
- 13-megapixel rear camera with LED flash and a 5-megapixel front camera
- 4G, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Buetooth 4.0 with A2DP, GPS with GLONASS