The smartphone which has been a centre of attraction for the past couple of months, the OnePlus 2 has finally been launched by OnePlus. The company has again surprised everybody with its price tag of the device. It has been priced at Rs 22,999 for the 16GB variant and Rs 24,999 for the 64GB variant. It will be made available in India on August 11 through Amazon.in.
OnePlus 2 will come with a 5.5-inch full HD in-cell display which is better than the predecessor. It will be powered by a Snapdragon 810 chipset mated to 4GB of DDR4 RAM. It will boot Android 5.1 Lollipop based Oxygen OS.
The smartphone comes with an aluminium alloy frame. It will come with changeable covers at the rear with Sandstone black being the default option. The rear will get a 13-megapixel camera with a dual LED flash, laser auto focus and Optical Image Stabilisation. The front camera will be a 5-megapixel unit. It will come with dual nano SIM cards with 4G support of both of them.
There’s a fingerprint sensor embedded in the home button which is claimed to be faster than the Apple’s Touch ID. You can store up to 5 fingerprints in it Let us quickly go through its specifications:
OnePlus 2 specifications
- 5.5-inch IPS In-Cell display, 1920 x 1080 pixels, 1500:1 contrast ratio
- 64-bit processor Snapdragon 810 chipset, 1.8GHz octa-core CPU, Adreno 430 GPU
- 3GB/4GB RAM
- 16GB/64GB internal storage
- 13-megapixel rear camera with dual LED flash, 1.3um pixels, laser auto focus, f/2.0 aperture, OIS, laser auto focus, 4K video recording
- 5-megapixel front camera
- Fingerprint scanner
- Dual SIM 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4/5 GHz), Bluetooth 4.1, Wi-Fi Direct, USB Type-C connector and GPS
- 3,300 mAh battery
OnePlus will be conducting an India-specific event today and if there are any more details, we’ll keep you updated. It will sold through the invites system and this time the company is better equipped to handle the expected response.