Nokia (or should we say Microsoft) is on a launch spree in India. After launching the Lumia 730 at a press event today, Nokia has also announced the Lumia 830 in India at a price of Rs. 28,799. The smartphone has been positioned as a premium mid-ranger and will have quite an uphill task of making a mark for itself. Although there was a report claiming that it will be priced at Rs. 26,000, Microsoft has actually priced it even higher even though it comes with hardware specifications which are in sub Rs. 15,000 range other than the camera and display.
- 5-inch ClearBlack IPS LCD Curved display, resolution of 1280 x 720 pixels, Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Windows Phone 8.1 OS with Lumia Denim update
- 1.2 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 processor, Adreno 305 GPU, 1GB RAM
- 16GB of internal storage which is expandable by 128GB
- 10-megapixel AutoFocus PureView camera, Carl Zeiss optics, Optical Image Stabilisation
- Full HD 1080p video recording and a 1-megapixel front camera
- 4G LTE, 3G (HSPA+), Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS and NFC for connectivity
- 2,200mAh battery, Qi wireless charging
- Price: Rs. 28,799
- Colours: Black, White, Bright Orange and Bright Green
It will become available starting October 8th but seeing the fact that isn’t exactly a value for money device, it will surely find it a bit difficult to make a mark for itself.
will offer a minimum of Rs. 6,000 off for consumers shopping through the Snapdeal app on Windows Phone. Buyers of the Lumia 830 will also get a minimum discount of Rs. 1,000 per month if they spend Rs. 2,100 on fashion or home décor items. Also, BoxTV, a local movie streaming service will offer a 60-day subscription to the Lumia 830 customers for free. Microsoft is offering 1TB of free OneDrive cloud storage for the first 6 months and a charge Rs. 125 per month will be applicable after that.