Motorola has launched an improved version of the Moto G (3rd Gen) in India today. The Motorola Moto G Turbo Edition, which comes with an improved processor, enhanced water-resistance, and fast charging support, has been launched in India for Rs. 14,499. The smartphone will be available exclusively through Flipkart starting midnight tonight, and will be available in a choice of two colours; Black and White. Motorola had launched the Moto G Turbo Edition in Mexico first, before launching it today in India.
Motorola Moto G Turbo Edition Specifications
- Android 5.1.1 Lollipop operating system
- 5.0-inch IPS LCD display, 720 x 1,280 pixels (294 ppi), Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- 13-megapixel primary camera, Autofocus Lens (ƒ/2.0 and 76 degrees FOV), dual-LED flash, Auto HDR, Panorama
- 1080p video recording, slow-motion videos, iHDR
- 5-megapixel secondary camera, fixed-focus (ƒ/2.2 and 72 degrees FOV), and Display flash
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 (1.5GHz octa-core Cortex-A53 CPU and Adreno 405 GPU), 2GB RAM, 16GB internal storage, and microSD card slot
- Accelerometer, Ambient Light Sensor, Proximity Sensor, Sensor Hub
- Dual-SIM, 4G LTE, Wi-Fi b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, Wi-Fi Hotspot, GPS (with A-GPS & GLONASS), Bluetooth 4.0 + LE, MicroUSB v2.0 port
- IP67 certified (water and dust-resistance); Colours: Black & White
- 2,470 mAh battery (Turbo Charging); 142.1 x 72.4mm x 11.6mm; 155 grams
The Moto G Turbo Edition comes with a Snapdragon 615 processor instead of the Snapdragon 410 that is found inside the Moto G (3rd Gen). Moreover, it also brings support for Turbo Charging, which Motorola claims to help this device in charging for 15 minutes to last as much as 6 hours. This mid-range smartphone also comes with IP67 certification, which means that it is water and dust resistant. If you can remember, the Motorola Moto G (3rd Gen) is just splash resistant, and can’t protect the phone if it is dipped inside water.
Flipkart is also offering a bunch of offers for consumers buying this device midnight tonight. First of all, it will provide 100 percent cashback to 100 lucky buyers. It is also offering double data for Airtel customers who buy the Moto G Turbo edition tonight. Moreover, there’s an exchange offer with discounts of upto Rs. 6,000 when buying this smartphone. What do you think about the Moto G Turbo Edition?
Computer science engineer turned technology blogger. Following consumer electronics industry closely from 2006, he can now predict pretty much where the market is heading. He has a dream to own Android, Windows Phone and iOS smartphones all at the same time.