As we reported earlier, Motorola had been teasing the launch of the Moto G Turbo Edition smartphone in India. Now, in a latest move, the company took to Twitter and announced that it will be launching the device in India on December 10. The pricing and other availability details will be revealed with the launch.
The Motorola Moto G Turbo Edition is an enhanced version of the Moto G (3rd Gen). However, it comes with a faster Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 octa-core processor, IP67 water resistance, and Quick Charge compatibility. Other specifications such as the screen size, camera, battery are identical to the Moto G (3rd Gen).
The Moto G Turbo Edition features a 5-inch HD IPS display with Gorilla Glass 3 protection, a 13-megapixel camera with dual-tone dual-LED flash and 1080p video recording, a 5-megapixel secondary camera, a 64-bit octa-core Snapdragon 615 processor, 2GB RAM, 16GB expandable internal storage, 4G LTE, IP67 water-resistance certification, and a 2,470 mAh battery. The Moto G Turbo Edition will be available in Black and White color options. The device went official in Mexico last month for 4699 Mexican Peso (approx. US$ 277 / Rs. 18,510).
Motorola Moto G Turbo Edition specifications
- 5-inch HD IPS display with a resolution of 1280 x 720 pixels
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 octa-core processor clubbed with 2GB of RAM
- 16GB internal storage, expandable up to 32GB via microSD card
- Android 5.1 Lollipop
- 13MP primary camera with dual-tone LED flash, and 5MP front-facing camera
- 4G LTE, 3G, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, and GPS
- 2,470 mAh battery with Turbo Charging