Future of Mobile Broadband (in India) Lies in LTE, Predicts Frost & Sullivan

Future of Mobile Broadband (in India) Lies in LTE, Predicts Frost & SullivanWith the current 3G networks proving incapable of handling the growth in mobile data traffic, mobile operators in India, Saudi Arabia, and the U.A.E. are soon expected to migrate to 4G technologies to accommodate the surge in data traffic.

LTE and Worldwide Interoperability for Microwave Access (WiMAX) are the two competing 4G technologies expected to drive the growth in mobile broadband, globally.

This surge in use of mobile broadband has been attributed to the proliferation of smartphones and smart devices, along with the increasing use of social networking and blogging tools, amongst others.

Mobile broadband is also gaining momentum because of the users’need for seamless mobility and continuous Internet connectivity. The increasing popularity of bandwidth-intensive mobile applications has further boosted the use of mobile broadband.

To sustain the momentum, mobile operators in Saudi Arabia and the U.A.E. are progressively committing themselves to LTE technology, thus moving towards 4G services.

The Frost & Sullivan Report indicates that LTE is expected to lead the shift toward 4G technologies in Saudi Arabia, the U.A.E, and India, with the developing ecosystem and increasing support from equipment vendors. The Report also recommends commitment and support from equipment manufacturers and mobile operators to drive the growth in the LTE market.

It concludes with insights on the upcoming opportunities in India, Saudi Arabia, and the U.A.E in the next 5-10 years.

Reported By

Leave a Reply

15 Comments on "Future of Mobile Broadband (in India) Lies in LTE, Predicts Frost & Sullivan"

 

Sort by:   newest | oldest
Arun
September 9, 2011 2:18 pm 2:18 PM

@crater
It is planned to launch NBN in 2014.We can expect atleast 2-3 yrs of delay.

crater
September 8, 2011 7:45 pm 7:45 PM

@Arun

wait for govt. national broadband network.

this lte and all can work best only for the time being, the network will get rendered unusable as all hog to lte. wireless works on bandwidth sharing hence 100mbps LTE will give 1mbps when 100 users will download simultaneously.

max
September 8, 2011 5:03 pm 5:03 PM
sri :You guys are so greedy! When the Ethernet can handle 100Mbps speed and 3G can handle 21.6Mbps speed, EVDO..rev.B and rev.A..which can handle 9.6 and 3.6 Mbps speed and 2G which handles max of 248 Kbps, these stupids could not be able to provide the cheapest internet, How do you guys expect you will get very cheapest from LTE???that too again from Indian Business Tycoons? If atleast one of these guys gives us 1MBps speed for cheap price that is enough for 99.5% people, the rest 0.5% guys are such hungry and greedy that no one can fulfill their… Read more »
wpDiscuz