As we reported yesterday, Microsoft has launched its Windows 10-based 2-in-1 hybrid tablets – Microsoft Surface Pro 3 and Microsoft Surface Pro 4 – in India today. The Surface Pro 3 has been priced at Rs. 73,990, while the price of the Surface Pro 4 starts from Rs. 89,990 in the country.
These tablets have 12-inch Pixel Sense displays, Intel Core processors, SSD storage, front-facing and a rear-facing cameras, stereo speakers with Dolby Audio, a keyboard accessory, and a Surface Pen, which make them productivity-focussed tablet devices. These tablets compete not only with hybrid tablets like the Apple iPad Pro and the Google Pixel C, but also with the likes of Apple Macbook Air, thanks to their lightweight design, long battery life, and a desktop-class operating system.
The Surface Pro 4 features a 12.3-inch Pixel Sense multitouch display with a resolution of 2,736 x 1,824 pixels and an aspect ratio of 3:2. It comes in three processor variants – Intel Core m3, Intel Core i5, and Intel Core i7 – and 4GB/8GB of RAM. It comes with 128GB or 256GB of internal storage space depending upon the variant. There’s an 8-megapixel primary camera and a 5-megapixel secondary camera, and both can record 1080p videos.
It can also authenticate user login through Windows Hello using the inbuilt camera or the fingerprint sensor on the Surface Type Cover. The Surface Type Cover has a larger trackpad, more space between the keys, and it is still thinner and lighter than the previous keyboard cover. Connectivity features on the Surface Pro 4 include Wi-Fi ac/b/g/n, Bluetooth v4.0, USB 3.0 ports, SD card reader, Mini Display port, Surface Cover port, and Surface Connect.
The entry-level variant of the Microsoft Surface Pro 4, which is priced at Rs. 89,990, will be available exclusively through Amazon India, and the pre-bookings for the device will start from today. Amazon will start shipping the devices from the 14th of January. Microsoft will also showcase its latest 2-in-1 hybrid tablet at Microsoft Priority Stores in Delhi, Bangalore, Gurgaon, Mumbai, and Noida.
Microsoft Surface Pro 4 Pricing
- Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Intel Core i5, 4GB RAM, and 128GB SSD) – Rs. 89,990
- Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Intel Core i5, 8GB RAM and 256GB SSD) – Rs. 1,20,990
- Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM and 256GB SSD) – Rs. 1,44,990
Microsoft Surface Pro 4 Accessories Pricing
- Microsoft Surface Type Cover – Rs. 12,490
- Microsoft Surface Pen – Rs. 5,990
The Microsoft Surface Pro 3 features a slightly smaller 12-inch ClearType IPS LCD display with a resolution of 1,920 x 1,080 pixels, an Intel Core i3 processor, 4GB RAM, 128GB SSD storage, a 5-megapixel rear-facing camera, a 1080p front-facing camera, stereo speakers, and a 5,574 mAh battery. This is the only variant that has been launched in India, and it will be available exclusively through Amazon India. Pre-orders for the Surface Pro 3, which is priced at Rs. 73,990, will start on Amazon.in today, and the devices will be shipped to buyers starting from January 14.
Microsoft Surface Pro 3 specifications
- Windows 10 operating system
- 12-inch ClearType Full HD Plus display, 2160 x 1440 pixels with 3:2 aspect ratio, Surface Pen
- Intel Core i3 Processor (4th Gen), 4GB RAM, 128 GB storage, and TPM 2.0 encryption
- 5-megapixel rear-facing camera and 1080p rear-facing camera
- Wi-Fi ac/a/b/g/n, Bluetooth v4.0 with LE, Mini DisplayPort, microSD card reader, USB 3.0 port, 3.5mm headset jack, Surface Cover port, and Charging port
- Accelerometer, Ambient-Light Sensor, Gyroscope, and Magnetometer
- Stereo Speakers with Dolby Audio and front and rear-facing microphones
- 5,547mAh battery, upto 9 hours of web-browsing time
Computer science engineer turned technology blogger. Following consumer electronics industry closely from 2006, he can now predict pretty much where the market is heading. He has a dream to own Android, Windows Phone and iOS smartphones all at the same time.