In continuation with it’s aggressive expansion plans into the affordable smartphone market, Microsoft today announced the Lumia 435 dual-SIM phone, which is the most affordable Windows Phone available in India. Running the latest Windows Phone 8.1 OS, the device is priced at Rs. 5,999 and is likely to get the Lumia Denim firmware update soon.
Though aimed at the entry level market, the device packs some impressive hardware housing a 1.2GHz dual-core Snapdragon 200 processor with Adreno 302 GPU. It has 1GB of RAM, 8GB of expandable internal storage and a 4-inch LCD display with a resolution of 800 x 480.
On the camera front, the phone sports a 2-megapixel camera at the rear and a VGA front camera. The device also comes with a microSD card should there be need for additional storage space. The device is powered by a 1,560 mAh battery, which is touted by the company to deliver up to 11.7 hours of talk time on a full charge.
The Lumia 435 Dual SIM is expected to raise the bar set by Microsoft with the success of Lumia 520 in the affordable smartphone category.
Microsoft Lumia 435 Dual SIM specifications
- 4-inch (800 x 480 pixels) WVGA display
- 1.2 GHz dual-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 200 processor with Adreno 302 GPU
- 1GB RAM, 8GB internal memory, up to 128GB expandable memory with microSD
- Windows Phone 8.1 OS with Lumia Denim
- 2MP fixed focus rear camera and VGA front-facing camera
- 11.7 mm thick and weighs 134.1 grams
- Dual SIM, 3G, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS / aGPS
- 1,560 mAh battery with up to 11.7 h talk time