Smartphone OEMs have realised that if they are going to have an edge over the rest in this highly competitive Indian market, they will have to resort to manufacturing devices here itself. A slew of manufacturers have already announced their plans to manufacture smartphones in the country and many have already started working on the same. Microsoft is the latest company which is in the process of evaluating manufacturing smartphones in the country. The tech giant is believed to be in talks with Foxconn, the Taiwanese manufacturer which produces smartphones for major OEMs globally. Microsoft will probably enter into a an agreement with Foxconn for contract manufacture of smartphones. The Sri City facility in Andhra Pradesh will be the one that will be the one which will be used for manufacturing the smartphones. There will be two variants of Microsoft’s smartphones that will be rolled out from the facility. The same facility is being used to manufacture Xiaomi and InFocus smartphones as well. There is no word on the output capacity of the facility but it is estimated to have a capacity of 10,000 units each day. Microsoft gets majority of its sales in the budget smartphone arena and it would help the company price its devices better. Source
Microsoft in talks with Foxconn to manufacture smartphones in India
Have a breaking news, inside story, scoop?
Write to us, your anonymity is our priority at news [at] telecomtalk.info
Want to be featured on TelecomTalk?
Send us your articles, stories, suggestions, feedback at news [at] telecomtalk.info
Pan India Spectrum Details
Telecommunication Frequency Bands
DTH Satellites in India
Source : Geekyranjit
Neeraj Katoch :
Jio. Airtel is $h!t in Delhi with its unoptimised and spectrum-deficient 4G network.
Two value for money phones are coming from them. One should wait for those.
5G BTS has range of only 200m-300m. They need millions of 5G BTS every year for next two to three…
A52s and MOTO edge 20 Pro don't support mm-wave band. These are the only ones are good phones out there.…
- Airtel Hikes Prepaid Tariffs, Base Plan at Rs 99, Check Details Here 166
- Vodafone Idea Just Refarmed 3G Spectrum to 4G In Multiple Cities 165
- Reliance Jio Announces Prepaid Tariff Hike After Airtel, Vi 148
- Vodafone Idea Increases Prepaid Tariffs, Similar as Airtel Plans 122
- Vodafone Idea Discontinues Double Data Offer from Prepaid Plans 45
- Airtel, Jio to Benefit a Lot Out of Tariff Hikes
- Moto G31 With 5000mAh Battery and 50MP Triple Camera Launched in India
- MediaTek Dimensity 9000 Will Be First to Use Cortex-X2 Core in a Smartphone
- Reliance Jio Announces Prepaid Tariff Hike After Airtel, Vi
- Bharti Airtel Prepaid Plans Under Rs 300 After Tariff Hikes