Micromax, the Indian smartphone brand, has just taken the covers off the Canvas Spark, the affordable smartphone which was being teased by the company since the past few weeks. The Micromax Canvas Spark is priced at just Rs. 4,999, and it runs Android 5.0 Lollipop operating system. With this, the smartphone has become the least-priced handset in the country to come with Android 5.0 Lollipop out-of-the-box.
The smartphone features a 4.7-inch qHD display, 1.3GHz quad-core MediaTek processor, 1GB of RAM, 8GB of internal storage, dual-SIM card slots, and a 2,000 mAh battery. The smartphone will be available exclusively on Snapdeal on April 29, and will follow the popular flash sales model. If you are interested in buying the Canvas Spark, you will have to register for it on April 22.
Micromax Canvas Spark Specifications
- 4.7-inch IPS LCD display, 960 x 540 pixels resolution, ~ 234 ppi, and Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Android 5.0 Lollipop operating system
- 1.3GHz quad-core MT6582 processor, Mali-400MP2 GPU, and 1GB RAM
- 8GB of internal storage (4.10GB user-available storage) and a microSD card slot (up to 32GB)
- 8-megapixel rear camera, LED flash, autofocus, and 2-megapixel front camera
- Dual-SIM, 3G, Wi-Fi b/g/n, Bluetooth, GPS with A-GPS, Micro-USB port, and 3.5 mm headphone jack
- 2,000 mAh battery
- Colours: Black and White
Micromax Canvas Spark is expected to re-define the user experience in the sub-Rs 5,000 smartphone arena, and help Micromax take on the competition in a better and well-equipped manner. It competes with Micromax's own Android One smartphone, the Micromax Canvas A1, and other devices like the Xiaomi Redmi 1S and the Asus Zenfone 4 at the price. The specifications seem to be interesting, but we will have to wait till its actual release to comment on its performance and software quality.