Micromax has just launched a new smartphone to take advantage of the selfie craze that is gripping the youth of India these days. The device that Micromax has launched is the Canvas Selfie and it has been launched for Rs 8,299. The Canvas Selfie Lens comes shod with a clip-on 0.4 X wide-angle lens that can be used for the front as well as the rear camera alike.
The Canvas Selfie Lens has an 8MP camera doing duty at the rear and it gets a LED flash, Largan Lens and and Sony sensors. All this would result in getting a pretty capable rear camera unit. The front camera is a 5MP unit which gets Largan Lens and Omnivision sensor. Micromax has loaded the device with a wide array of pre and post picture settings.
Other than this, the specifications are pretty much what you expect in a budget smartphone. Let us quickly take a look at its specifications:
Micromax Canvas Selfie Specifications:
- 5-inch display, 1280 x 720 pixels, Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Android 5.0 Lollipop
- 1.3GHz quad-core processor, 1GB DDR3 RAM
- 8-megapixel rear camera, LED flash, Largan Lens, Sony sensor
- 5-megapixel front camera, Largen Lens, Omnivision sensor
- 8GB internal storage, expandable via microSD card (up to 32GB)
- Dual SIM, 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0 and GPS
- 2,800 mAh battery
The camera is the highlight of the package and if you are a fan of selfies, this one is surely worth the look. White with champagne and Moonstone grey are the two colour options it will be available in. Vodafone customers will be eligible for 500MB of free 3G data for 2 months.