Micromax has launched yet another entry-level Android smartphone in India with 4G LTE connectivity. The Micromax Canvas Pulse 4G, which is priced at Rs 9,999, will be available exclusively through Flipkart starting today. The device is available in Black colour only, and competes with the likes the Huawei Honor 4C, the Lenovo K3 Note, the Motorola Moto G (3rd Gen), the Samsung Galaxy On7, and the company’s own YU Yureka Plus.
Micromax Canvas Pulse 4G (E451) Specifications
- Android 5.1 Lollipop operating system
- 5.0-inch IPS LCD display, 720 x 1,280 pixels (294 ppi), On-cell capacitive touchscreen
- 13-megapixel primary camera (Samsung S5K3L2XX03 sensor), autofocus, LED flash, 1080p video recording
- 5-megapixel secondary camera with front-facing LED flash
- MediaTek MT6753 processor (1.7 GHz Tru-OctaCore CPU and ARM Mali-T720 GPU) and 3GB LP-DDR3 RAM
- 16GB internal storage and a microSD card slot (upto 32GB)
- Dual-SIM, 4G LTE, 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi b/g/n, Wi-Fi Hotspot, GPS, microUSB v2.0 port, and 3.5mm headphone jack
- 2,100 mAh battery; 70.4×140.8×8.8 mm
The device runs Android 5.1 Lollipop, but there’s no information whether it would receive Android 6.0 Marshmallow. It features a 5.0-inch IPS LCD display, a 13-megapixel primary camera and a 5-megapixel camera (both with separate LED flash lights). There’s a 64-bit octa-core processor from MediaTek, 3GB RAM, 16GB of internal storage, and a micro SD card slot.
In terms of connectivity, it has a dual-SIM card slot, and the primary slot is compatible with 4G SIM cards, while the second slot is limited to 3G SIM cards. There are those usual connectivity features like Wi-Fi b/g/n, GPS, and microUSB port. There’s a 2,100 mAh battery, but it pales in comparison to a 3,000 mAh battery that’s available in some of its competitors. What do you think about this device?