Most of the smartphones with a price tag above Rs. 6,000 mark that are being launched in India these days come with 4G LTE connectivity. Micromax, the second largest smartphone brand in the country in terms of unit sales, has launched multiple 4G LTE-equipped smartphones this year. After launching the Micromax Canvas Sliver, the company has now launched yet another 4G LTE-equipped Android smartphone, the Micromax Canvas Nitro 4G E455.
The Micromax Canvas 4G E455 features a 5-inch IPS LCD display with HD resolution, an octa-core processor, 2GB of RAM, 16GB of internal storage, a microSD card slot, and a 2,500 mAh battery. On the imaging front, the device uses a 13-megapixel camera sensor on the rear and a 5-megapixel camera sensor on the front. It’s a dual-SIM smartphone and comes preloaded with Android 5.0 Lollipop onboard even though Android 5.1.1 Lollipop has been available for quite some time now.
Micromax Canvas Nitro 4G Specifications
- 5-inch IPS LCD display, 1280 x 720 pixels, 294 ppi, Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Android 5.0 Lollipop
- 1.4GHz octa-core processor, 2GB RAM
- 16GB internal storage and a microSD card slot (compatible with upto 32GB cards)
- 13-megapixel primary camera, autofocus, LED flash, 1080p video recording, and 5-megapixel secondary camera
- 4G LTE, dual-SIM, Wi-Fi b/g/n, Bluetooth v4.0, GPS, microUSB v2.0 port, and 3.5 mm headphone jack
- Ambient light sensor, Proximity sensor, and Accelerometer
- 2,500 mAh battery; 8 hours talk-time, 273 hours stand-by time
Even though box packaging lists its processor as being an octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 400, we think that it’s a mistake on the company’s part as there’s no octa-core SoC variant for the Snapdragon 400 chipset. The Micromax Canvas Nitro 4G E455 will compete with the likes of Lenovo K3 Note, Xiaomi Redmi Note 4G, Motorola Moto G (3rd Gen), and the company’s own YU Yureka Plus. However, we think that going with the YU Yureka Plus or the Motorola Moto G (3rd gen) would be better choices as they come with much better software than what is generally preloaded on Micromax’s devices.