Micromax, the Indian OEM has just launched a new budget smartphone in the country. Named as the Bolt S301, the budget smartphone from Micromax has been priced at Rs 2,899. Micromax has further stated that it is selling about 1.5 million 3G smartphones every month and has about 25 percent of the share in terms of sale of 3G devices in the country.
The Bolt S301 runs Android 4.4 KitKat and Micromax has promised a Lollipop upgrade for it which would make it the cheapest device to run on Android Lollipop. It has a 3.5-inch FWVGA display and there’s a 1GHz single-core processor ticking inside it. Let us quickly take a look at its specifications:
Let us take a look at its specifications:
Micromax Bolt S301 specifications
- 3.5-inch display, 480 x 320 pixels
- Android 4.4 KitKat, upgradeable to Android 5.0 Lollipop
- 1GHz single-core processor
- 512MB RAM
- 4GB internal storage, expandable via microSD card (up to 16GB)
- 1.3-megapixel rear camera, VGA front camera
- Dual SIM, 3G HSPA+,Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 2.1 and aGPS
- 1,200 mAh battery
The Micromax Bolt S301 has been made available black and white colours. It is meant for the ones making the transition from a feature phone to budget smartphone and would serve them just fine.