Samsung has just launched the slimmest Galaxy phone ever, the Galaxy A8 in India at a price of Rs 32,500. The smartphone will be slotting in the upper mid-range of the company’s portfolio. The Samsung Galaxy A8 comes in a metal clad body .
The smartphone has a 5.7-inch Super AMOLED display with really narrow bezels. It has just 2.5mm bezels on the side. It boots Android 5.1.1 Lollipop and Samsung has decided to opt in for an octa-core Exynos 5430 chipset for India instead of the Snapdragon 615 chipset that is present in Chinese variant of the device.
It gets a fingerprint sensor integrated into the home button. The device comes with a full metal body and is just 5.9mm thick. It comes with hybrid dual SIM (SIM slot doubles up as a microSD card slot) and support Indian 4G LTE bands. Let us quickly take a look at its specifications.
Samsung Galaxy A8 specifications
- 5.7-inch Super AMOLED display, 1920 x 1080 pixels
- Android 5.1 Lollipop
- Exynos 5430 chipset, 1.8GHz quad-core CPU + 1.3GHz quad-core CPU
- 2GB RAM
- 32GB internal storage, expandable via microSD card slot (up to 128GB)
- Android 5.1 (Lollipop)
- 16-megapixel rear camera with LED flash, f/1.9 aperture
- 5-megapixel front camera, 120-degree wide angle lens
- 4G LTE, 3G, Dual band Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac , Bluetooth 4.1, GPS with GLONASS and dual SIM
- 3,050 mAh battery
Black, white and gold will be the colours it will be made available in across offline and online stores.