Meizu has come up with yet another smartphone in its M series, dubbed as the MX6. It will be going on sale in China from July 30, in Gray, Silver, Gold, and Pink color options for a price of 1999 yuan (approx. Rs. 20,040/US$298). Besides, Meizu has also unveiled a Life Jack protective cover for the device, priced at 79 yuan (approx. Rs. 790/US $12). The company has not revealed any detail about the MX6's global roll out yet.
Regarding specification, the device comes with a 5.5-inch 1080p Sharp TDDI LCD with thin bezels embodied in a metal body with magnesium alloy frame. It is powered by a MediaTek Helio X20 deca-core chipset and run Android 6.0 Marshmallow-based Flyme OS 5.5. It sports a 12-megapixel primary camera with Sony IMX386 sensor with 1.25 ?m pixel size, 4K video recording, dual tone LED flash, and PDAF. There is a 5-megapixel front-facing camera onboard.
The device also sports an mTouch 2.1 fingerprint scanner, which is touted to unlock the phone in just 0.2 seconds. It is backed by a 3060mAh battery with mCharge technology that can fuel up the phone to 65% in 30 minutes and fully charge in just 75 minutes, thanks to the 24W fast charger.
Meizu MX6 Specifications
- 5.5-inch LCD screen with 1920 x 1080 pixels resolution and 85% NTSC color gamut
- 2.3GHz MediaTek Helio X20 deca-core chipset with ARM Mali-T880 GPU
- 4GB of RAM, 32GB internal storage
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow-based Flyme OS 5.5
- 12 MP rear camera with dual tone LED Flash, Sony IMX386 sensor and 5MP front-facing camera
- dual-SIM, 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.1 LE, GPS, and USB Type-C
- Measures 153.6x 75.2x 7.25mm; Weighs 155 grams
- 3060mAh battery with fast charging