Meizu, the popular Chinese smartphone manufacturer, recently sent out invites for its brand launch in India that will be held on August 26 launch. The company is expected to make an official brand launch announcement on that day, and the event will play host to the launch of the company’s current flagship smartphone, the Meizu MX5, in India.
The registrations for the Meizu MX5 have already gone live in India, and the device will be available exclusively through Snapdeal at 2pm on August 26. The price of the device hasn’t been disclosed as of now, and will only be revealed on the day of sale.
The MX5 comes with a 5.5-inch full HD Super AMOLED display, a 2.2GHz octa-core MediaTek Helio X10 chipset, 3GB RAM, 16/32/64GB of internal storage space, and it runs Android 5.0 Lollipop-based FlymeOS 4.5. The rear of the smartphone gets a 16-megapixel camera with a dual-tone dual-LED flash, laser autofocus, and the front of the device houses a 5-megapixel camera.
The smartphone’s build quality is quite premium, and has a high level of fit and finish. The thickness of the device is 7.6mm and it tips the weighing scale at 140 grams. The fingerprint sensor is housed inside the home button of the device, much like the OnePlus 2, the Apple iPhone 6, and the Samsung Galaxy S6. A 3,150 mAh battery is what fuels the device.
Meizu MX5 Specifications
- 5.5-inch Super AMOLED display, 1920 x 1080 pixels, 403 ppi, and Gorilla Glass 3
- Android 5.0 Lollipop-based FlymeOS 4.5
- MediaTek Helio X10 MT6795T chipset, 64-bit 2.2GHz octa-core CPU, and PowerVR G5200 GPU
- 3GB RAM
- 16GB/32GB/64GB internal storage, expandable via microSD card (up to 128GB)
- 20.7-megapixel primary camera with dual-tone dual-LED flash, Laser Autofocus, 5-megapixel front-facing camera
- 4G LTE, 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Wi-Fi Hotspot, Bluetooth v4.0, GPS, and microUSB v2.0 port
- 3,150 mAh battery, fast charging (charges 50 percent in 30 minutes)
The Meizu MX5 has been priced at 1,799 RMB (roughly Rs 18,500), 1,999 RMB (roughly Rs 20,500) and 2,399 RMB (roughly Rs 24,600) for the 16GB, 32GB and 64GB variants in China. The India specific launch of the Mx5 is only a week away, and will mark Meizu ‘s entry into the bigger league.