Meizu has just launched the MX5 smartphone at an event in China. The smartphone brings a premium build quality and specs on a budget. It has a profile of just 7.6mm and has a full metal body. Despite this, Meizu has done well to keep the weight of the smartphone at 140 grams. Meizu has further added a fingerprint sensor to the smartphone which is housed in the home button.
It gets a 5.5-inch full HD display up front. It is powered by a MediaTek Helio X10 chipset which teams up with 3GB of RAM. There will be 16GB, 32GB and 64GB memory variants on offer with all of them offering a microSD card slot for memory expansion.
The smartphone runs Android Lollipop based FlymeOS 4.5. Let us quickly take a look at its specifications:
Meizu MX5 specifications
- 5.5-inch Super AMOLED display, 1920 x 1080 pixels, 401 ppi
- Android 5.0 Lollipop based FlymeOS 4.5
- 64-bit MediaTek Helio X10 MT6795T chipset, 2.2GHz octa-core CPU, PowerVR G5200 GPu
- 3GB RAM
- 16GB/32GB/64GB internal storage, expandable via microSD card (up to 128GB)
- 20.7-megapixel rear camera with LED flash, 5-megapixel front camera
- 4G LTE, 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0 and GPS
- 3,150mAh battery, fast charging (charges 50 percent in 30 minutes)
The Meizu MX 5 has been priced at 1,799 RMB (roughly Rs 18,500), 1,999 RMB (roughly Rs 20,500) and 2,399 RMB (roughly Rs 24,600) for the 16GB, 32GB and 64GB variants respectively. There are no details about its Indian availability as of now but we can expect them to come up in near future.