During the launch party in China, Meizu MX4 Pro, an advanced version of the Meizu MX4, has been announced officially. It’s a high-end Android based smartphone featuring a 5.5-inch 2560 x 1536 LCD display, Exynos Octa 5430 processor, and a 20.7-megapixel camera. The device features a finger-print sensor under the physical home button on the front and it has a compact body, thanks to its has very narrow bezels, 2.8mm wide to be exact.
Meizu MX4 Pro Specifications
- 5.5-inch NEGA Negative LCD display (JDI), 2560 x 1536 pixels, 546 ppi, and Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Flyme OS v4.0 based on Android 4.4 KitKat
- 2.0GHz octa-core Exynos Octa 5430 SoC (quad-core Cortex A15 + quad-core Cortex A7), Mali-T628MP6 GPU (600MHz), and 3GB RAM
- 16GB/32GB/64GB storage variants with no memory card slot
- 20.7MP primary camera (Sony Exmor RS IMX220 sensor), 5-element autofocus lens, F/2.2 aperture, LED flash, and 4K video recording
- 5MP secondary camera (OmniVision OV5693 sensor), 4-element 84° wide-angle lens, F/2.2 aperture, 1080p video recording
- 4G LTE (TD-LTE & FDD-LTE), dual-band Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac, Wi-Fi Direct, Wi-Fi Hotspot, and DLNA
- Bluetooth v4.0 LE, GPS, microUSB v2.0 port, and 3.5mm headphone jack
- Ambient-light sensor, Hall-Effect sensor, gyro sensor, proximity sensor, touch sensitive, and digital compass
- 3,350 mAh battery, 150.1 x 77 x 9 mm, 158 grams
The device runs on Flyme OS v4.0, which is based on Android 4.4 KitKat operating system. It features 3GB of RAM and comes in 3 storage variants; 16GB, 32GB, and 64GB. Just like the MX4, the MX4 Pro is equipped with a 20.7-megapixel Sony IMX220 camera sensor, which is also used in Sony’s high-end smartphones such as the Xperia Z2 and Xperia Z3. It can record 4K videos, while the front-facing 5-megapixel wide-engle lens camera can shoot 1080p videos.
Connectivity wise, it features 4G LTE over TD-LTE and FDD-LTE, apart from dual-band gigabit Wi-Fi, Bluetooth v4.0, and a microUSB v2.0 port. Apart from a bunch of sensors, Meizu has also been successful in packing a large 3,350 mAh battery inside its 9mm thin body. The device will be available for purchase in China starting December for around Rs. 25,350 (CNY 2,499), though international pricing is yet to be detailed by the company.
Computer science engineer turned technology blogger. Following consumer electronics industry closely from 2006, he can now predict pretty much where the market is heading. He has a dream to own Android, Windows Phone and iOS smartphones all at the same time.