Meizu, the Chinese OEM that began its Indian innings with the soft launch of m1 note, never really had an official brand launch announcement for India. The m1 note didn't set the sales charts on fire, and its recently launched successor m2 note has been lost in the crowd despite being a value-for-money package.
Meizu wants to turn things around for the better in India, and has just started sending out invites for a brand launch event on August 26 in India. The company will officially announce its arrival in the country on that day. Till now, it has been making announcement only regarding its device launches through social media.
The word on the street is that Meizu will be launching its current flagship, the MX5, in the country alongside the announcement of its arrival. The MX5 has a 5.5-inch full HD Super AMOLED display adorning the front, and its build quality is on the premium side for a budget device. Its waistline is just 7.6mm and weighs 140 grams. The home button further doubles up as a fingerprint sensor.
It runs Android 5.0 Lollipop-based FlymeOS 4.5, and it is powered by a 2.2GHz octa-core MediaTek Helio X10 chipset. There's a 16MP primary camera with LED flash and a 5MP front-facing camera. It supports both the 4G LTE bands in India, 1800MHz and 2300MHz. It comes with a decently large 3,150 mAh battery that can fast charge up to 50 percent within 30 minutes.
Meizu MX5 Specifications
- 5.5-inch Super AMOLED display, 1920 x 1080 pixels, 401 ppi
- Android 5.0 Lollipop-based FlymeOS 4.5
- MediaTek Helio X10 MT6795T chipset, 64-bit 2.2GHz octa-core CPU, PowerVR G5200 GPu
- 3GB RAM
- 16GB/32GB/64GB internal storage, expandable via microSD card (up to 128GB)
- 20.7-megapixel primary camera with LED flash, 5-megapixel front camera
- 4G LTE, 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0 and GPS
- 3,150mAh battery, fast charging (charges 50 percent in 30 minutes)
The pricing for the device stands at 1,799 RMB (roughly Rs 18,500), 1,999 RMB (roughly Rs 20,500) and 2,399 RMB (roughly Rs 24,600) in China for the 16GB, 32GB and 64GB variants respectively. We'll keep you posted with the development regarding the matter.