finally announced its much-awaited flagship smartphone, the Pro 5 at an event held in China. The smartphone will be available in two variants — the 3GB RAM/ 32GB storage variant has been priced at 2,799 Yuan (US$ 440 / Rs. 28,925 approx.) and the 4GB RAM/64GB storage variant has been priced at 3099 Yuan ( US$ 485 / Rs. 32,030 approx.).
The Meizu Pro 5 comes with a 5.7-inch Super AMOLED Full HD display with a resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels, and is powered by a 2.5 GHz Samsung Exynos 7420 processor. It runs Android 5.1 Lollipop with Meizu’s in-house Flyme OS 5.0 on top, and features mBack equipped touch-sensitive home button, which provides a wide functionality when pressed. The phone also features mTouch 2.1 fingerprint sensor.In the imaging department, the device comes with a 21.6-megapixel primary camera with dual-tone LED Flash, Laser Autofocus, and 4K video recording. It also features a 5-megapixel front-facing camera with the OV5670 sensor. In terms of connectivity, the Meizu Pro 5 supports dual-SIM, 4G LTE (TD-LTE / LTE-FDD), 3G, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS, and USB 3.0 Type-C. It is backed by a 3,050 mAh battery, which is equipped with mCharge 2.0 technology that as touted by the company, can fuel up the battery up to 65% in 30 minutes.The smartphone will be available in Silver-Black, Gold, Grey, Silver color options, and will go on sale in China starting from October 12. As of now, the phone is limited to China, and Meizu has revealed no information regarding its availability in other regions.
Meizu Pro 5 specifications
- 5.7-inch super AMOLED Full HD display with a resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels
- 2.5 GHz Samsung Exynos 7420 processor
- 3GB RAM/ 32GB storage variant, 4GB RAM/64GB storage variant, expandable via microSD card
- Android 5.1 Lollipop with Flyme OS 5.0 on top
- 21.6MP primary camera with dual-tone flash, and 5MP front-facing camera
- dual-SIM, 4G LTE (TD-LTE / LTE-FDD), 3G, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS, USB 3.0 Type-C
- 3,050mAh battery