After a long wait, OnePlus finally initiated the roll out of Android 6.0 Marshmallow-based OxygenOS 3.0.2 update for the OnePlus 2. The beta release of the update happened around March. OnePlus took to its forum for announcing the rollout of the update.
The Marshmallow update on the OnePlus 2 brings features such as fingerprint performance improvement, New OnePlus Camera UI, Autofocus optimization, and much more. The OxygenOS 3.0.2 update for OnePlus 2 is 1.1GB in size. As usual, the rollout will be gradual and is expected to cover all OnePlus 2 devices in a couple of days. Sadly, OnePlus X is now the only OnePlus device that is still stuck on Android 5.0 Lollipop. We expect the company to roll out an update for the OnePlus X too. With the nearing launch of the OnePlus 3, looks like OnePlus is trying to mend its previous commitments.
Key features in OxygenOS 3.0.2 update
- Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow upgrade
- Enhanced Doze mode for better battery life
- System wide performance improvements
- Improved fingerprint sensor performance and recognition
- New OnePlus Camera UI and AF optimization
- MaxxAudio and Tuner have been removed. We have integrated with Dirac HD Sound technology for the speaker so you get a great experience without the knobs and dials
- Shelf UX has been improved. You can now long press to edit a board
- You can now lock apps in recents so they won’t be cleared away. Clear process in addition to clear-all for those of you who want a better control of background processes
- Network operator selection will now stick to your choice so you don’t accidentally roam onto unintended networks
Swiftkey update to 6.3.3
For the OnePlus 2 owners, make sure that your battery has at least 50 percent charge before installing the update.