Smartwatches are shedding away their geeky looks and their designs are seeing a change for the better. A lot of companies are now opting for round form factors for their upcoming smartwatches so that people would find it easier to replace their conventional ones. LG’s Watch Urbane is one of the better looking smartwatches out there. It broke cover earlier this year, and will be launched by the end of April in 13 countries across North America, Europe and Asia.
The device will launch through the Google Play Store and India is among the 13 countries where the watch will launch in the first wave. The other countries are United States, United Kingdom, Australia, Canada, France, Spain, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Korea, and Hong Kong. The LG Watch Urbane runs on Android Wear’s latest version which has support for the likes of Wi-Fi, hand-drawn emojis, gesture support, font size customisations, and so on.
LG Watch Urbane Specifications
- Circular 1.3-inch P-OLED display, 320 x 320 pixels, 245 pixels per inch
- Android Wear 5.1 operating system (compatible with Android 4.3 and above)
- 1.2 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 processor, 512MB RAM, 4GB of internal storage
- IP67 certified for dust- and water-resistance
- Barometer, Heart Rate sensor, Gyroscope, Accelerometer and Compass
- 410 mAh battery
The LG Watch Urbane will cost a bit higher than all the other smartwatches on sale, but it does have the looks and specifications to justify its high price tag. It will be available for 3,96,000 Won (roughly Rs 22,900) in Korea so expect it to be priced between the Rs 20,000-25,000 price bracket in India.