We recently brought you the story of the second generation Android One smartphone from Lava dubbed as the Lava Pixel V1 due for a launch today. The smartphone has just been launched in the country for Rs 11,350. Majority of the specs that had leaked earlier have made their way to the smartphone with difference being only in the processor.
We earlier reported that it will come with a Snapdragon 410 chipset but it will instead come with a MT6582 chipset with a 1.3GHz quad-core CPU mated to 2GB of RAM.There is an 8-megapixel camera at the rear which has been interpolated to 13-megapixels. The interpolation comes into play in the front camera as well with its native resolution being 5-megapixel and interpolation lets you click pictures with 8-megapixel resolution.
Lava will make it available in two colours: white with silver and white with gold. It will be available on Flipkart exclusively as far as the online retail goes. It will also be made available at 4000 modern trade outlets and at 32,0000 multi-brand retail shops with this number increasing to 1,00,000 in future. Let us quickly take a look at its specifications:
Lava Pixel V1 specifications
- 5.5-inch IPS display, 1280 x 720 pixels, full lamination, Asahi Dragontrail glass protection, oleophobic coating
- Android 5.1.1 Lollipop
- MediaTek MT6582 chipset, 1.3 GHz quad-core, Mali 400-MP2 GPU
- 2GB DDR3 RAM
- 32GB internal storage, expandable via microSD card (up to 32GB)
- 8-megapixel primary camera with LED flash, 1.4um BSI sensor, f/2.0 aperture and 5P lens
- 5-megapixel secondary camera, 1.4um BSI sensor, f/2.4 aperture, 4P lens
- 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS, USB OTG and dual SIM
- 2,650 mAh battery