Lava’s forthcoming smartphone in the Iris X series, the Lava Iris X8, has been listed on Flipkart for a price of Rs 8,999. However, the listing was removed within minutes, but FoneArena somehow managed to fetch the details before the page deletion.
The phone comes with a 5-inch HD screen, 1.4 GHz octa-core MediaTek processor, 2GB RAM and runs Android 4.4 KitKat, upgradable to Android 5.0 Lollipop. It sports an 8-megapixel rear camera with dual LED flash along with a 3-megapixel front-facing camera. Sadly, the front camera lacks LED flash like its predecessor Iris X5, which was launched last year. The design of the Iris X8 is similar to the earlier smartphones in the Lava Iris X series.
The Iris X8 is a dual-SIM smartphone with 3G connectivity and 16GB of internal storage. The phone is backed by a 2,500 mAh battery and will be available in Black and White colours. Lava has already started teasing the smartphone on its official website, so we can assume that the launch might be closer.
Lava Iris X8 specifications
- 5-inch IPS LCD display, 1280 x 720 pixels resolution, Asahi Dragontrail glass protection
- MediaTek MT6592M, 1.4 GHz octa-core processor, and 2GB RAM
- 16GB internal storage and a microSD card slot (compatible with up to 32GB microSD cards)
- Android 4.4 KitKat operating system (upgradable to Android 5.0 Lollipop)
- 8MP primary camera autofocus and dual LED flash, 1080p video recording, and 3MP front-facing camera
- Dual-SIM, 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi b/g/n, Bluetooth v4.0, A-GPS with GLONASS
- 2,500 mAh battery; 70.9×143.4×8.6 mm; 160g
The Lava Iris X8 looks like an attempt by Lava to compete with the recently launched popular smartphones such as Micromax's Yu Yureka and Xiaomi Redmi Note, at the same price of Rs. 8,999.