Smartphones with 4G LTE connectivity are becoming increasingly popular in India, and every major OEM wants to ensure that they are present in the 4G arena. Lava has just announced a new 4G LTE handset in the country dubbed ‘Lava Iris X5 4G’, which has been priced at Rs. 10,499.
The Lava Iris X5 4G uses of a 64-bit MT6735 chipset from MediaTek to handle the processing tasks, and features a glass rear with anti-smudge coating. The smartphone has a 5-inch IPS LCD display with a resolution of 1280 x 720 pixels. It runs Android 5.1.1 Lollipop, and may receive future updates considering Lava’s recent partnership with Google, but we are not sure of that.
Lava Iris X5 4G Specifications
- 5-inch display, 1280x 720 pixels, Asahi Dragon Trail Glass, Oleo-phobic coating
- Android 5.1.1 Lollipop-based Star OS
- MediaTek MT6735 chipset, 1.3 GHz quad-core CPU, Mali-T720 GPU
- 2GB DDR3 RAM, 16GB internal storage, expandable via microSD card (upto 32GB)
- 13-megapixel rear camera, dual LED flash, f/2.0 aperture, 5 layer Largan lens, 1.4 micron pixel size
- 8-megapixel front camera, LED flash, f/2.4 aperture, 4 layer largan lens, 1.4 micron pixel size, 84-degree wide angle lens
- Dual-SIM, 4G LTE, 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS and microUSB v2.0 port
- 2,500 mAh battery
It comes forth with a really strong camera module as it gets a 13-megapixel rear camera and an 8-megapixel front camera. It supports both the Indian 4G LTE bands (1800MHz and 2300MHz). It’s available in two colours – Black and White – and it is already available on Amazon.