As we shared about Lava International has plans to launch a new phone on every Friday (Blockbuster Phoneday) as the company has plans to flood the market with its smartphones. This week the name is Iris 502, successor of popular Iris 501.
Let’s see what is packed inside the Iris 502, it is another 5 inch phablet in the country running on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean. But unlike Android 4.0.4 ICS running Iris 501 which has dual core 1GHz processor, Iris 502 ships with 1GHz single core processor. Iris 502 has 4GB internal memory (Iris 501 has 2GB), with more than 2GB for users, and Lava adds a 4GB microSD with it.
As Iris 502 is already available in market, it is priced Rs 500 lesser than Iris 501. Iris 502 is priced for Rs 8,499. With Jelly Bean and 1GHz processor the pricing is excellent. And for those are thinking about single core processor, I can that with this single core processor the battery back up will be better (than dual core processors).
Technical Specs of Lava Iris 502:
- 5 inch WVGA 480*800 display
- Android 4.1 Jelly Bean
- 1GHz single core processor
- 512 MB RAM, ROM 4GB
- 5MP rear camera with auto focus, VGA front camera
- Dual SIM, dual standby (2G+3G)
- Bluetooth 3.0, WiFi with Hotspot, GPS, Proximity Sensor, G Sensor, FM Radio
- microSD support upto 32GB, 4GB included
- 2000 mAh Li-Polymer battery
- Includes several preloaded apps like Saavn, Hi, Fusion, Asfault and others