Last week, Reliance JIO announced ‘Water’ series of smartphones under its sub-brand LYF. Today, the company has listed yet another smartphone named ‘LYF Flame’ on its online store with a price tag of Rs. 6,490. These LYF branded smartphones are set to go on sale through Reliance Digital stores across the country soon.
LYF Flame 1 is an entry-level 4G smartphone. It is powered by a Snapdragon 210 chipset coupled with 1GB of RAM and 8GB internal memory. The phone supports three 4G bands, FDD Band 3(1800)/Band 5(850) and TDD Band 40(2300), which are currently held by Reliance Jio. Similar to other LYF brand devices, the Flame 1 comes equipped with VoLTE and Wi-Fi calling with HD voice support.
LYF Flame 1 Specifications
- Android 5.1 Lollipop operating system
- 4.5-inch LCD display with a resolution of 854 x 480 pixels
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 210 chipset, 1.1 GHz quad-core CPU, and 1GB of RAM
- 8GB internal storage with microSD card slot (expandable upto 32GB)
- 5-megapixel primary camera and 5-megapixel secondary camera
- Dual-SIM card slot, 4G with VoLTE/3G/2G, Wi-Fi b/g/n, Wi-Fi Hotspot, Bluetooth, GPS, and microUSB v2.0 port
- 2,000 mAh Li-Po Battery
The entry-level LYF Flame 1 comes with underwhelming specifications for its price tag. With increasing smartphone launches from top players in the entry-level segment, Jio LYF will struggle to find enough buyers for its mediocre smartphones. However, it can try to bundle free 4G data and voice minutes offer with the device, which might attract a few buyers.
LYF smartphones are not available for purchase Reliance Digital’s online store yet. However, one can buy them through Reliance Digital physical stores across multiple cities.