After extending preview offer to all Samsung and LG smartphones , Jio has now officially shared that they would offer SIM cards to ASUS & Panasonic 4G smartphone users from tomorrow under Jio Preview Offer loaded with unlimited data, calling, sms and access to premium Jio apps for 90 days.
As per the official information shared by the company, people using ASUS and Panasonic 4G smartphones who are interested in getting early access to Jio’s all IP 4G network can download My Jio app on their 4G devices. After downloading the app it will show ‘Avail Jio SIM’ menu where they can generate a code after selecting address and providing location. After getting the QR offer code the users can visit a nearby Reliance Digital or Xpress Mini Store to get their Jio SIM card.
Eligible Asus devices:
- ZenFone 2 Laser (ZE550KL)
- Zenfone 2 (ZE551ML)
- Zenfone Max (ZC550KL)
- Zenfone 2 Laser 5.0 (ZE500KL)
- Zenfone 2 (ZE550ML)
- Zenfone Selfie(ZD551KL)
- Zenfone 2 Laser (ZE601KL)
- Zenfone Zoom(ZX551ML)
- Zenfone Go 5.0 LTE (T500)
- Zenfone 3 (ZE552KL)
- Zenfone 3 Laser(ZC551KL)
- Zenfone 3(ZE520KL)
- Zenfone 3(ZS570KL)
- Zenfone 3(ZU680KL)
Eligible Panasonic devices:
- ELUGA L
- ELUGA Switch
- ELUGA Icon T42
- ELUGA I2 (1GB )
- ELUGA L2
- ELUGA Mark
- ELUGA Turbo
- ELUGA Arc
- ELUGA I2 2GB
- ELUGA I2 3GB
- ELUGA I3
- ELUGA Icon 2
- ELUGA A2
- ELUGA Note
- P55 Novo 4G
- ELUGA Arc 2
Under the extended Jio Preview offer, new customers will get unlimited 4G data, SMS, voice and video calls for 90 days at zero cost. Also, they will get exclusive benefits like access to Jio premium apps to watch movies, live TV, music and more. Also like before, most likely these SIM cards will be unlocked, which means you can use the SIM on any 4G device which supports Band 3,5,40.
Jio Preview Offer Benefits:
- Unlimited 4G data
- Unlimited voice/video calls
- 9000 SMS
- Unlimited access to premium Jio Apps like Jio Play, Jio Beats, Jio On Demand
How to claim Jio Preview Offer?
- Download My Jio app if your device is eligible for Jio Preview Offer
- Click on ‘Get a Jio SIM’ menu.
- Generate a offer code.
- Go to your nearby Reliance Digital or Digital Xpress store.
- The user must submit an ID proof, address proof, along with two passport sized photographs.
- Once the documents are verified, you will get a unactivated SIM.
- It will take at least 24-48 hours for SIM card activation, any way you will be informed through an SMS on your alternative number.
- Once the Jio 4G SIM is activated, insert the Jio 4G SIM in first SIM slot of your VoLTE supported device.
- Dial 1977 for tele-verification and now install and open the My Jio app.
- From now on, use the Jio 4G mobile data instead of Wi-Fi (note: unlimited offer still not activated).
- On the home screen 0f My Jio app, you will see an option to install other Jio apps.
- You can install all the eleven apps or mainly Jio Play, Jio Beats, Jio Video-on-Demand, and Jio Money.
- Once the above mentioned apps are installed, close and reopen the My Jio app.
- There you will see ‘Submit’ option, tap on that to enable JPO for the next 90 days.
Some of you might still be thinking when people are getting SIM cards for showing 4G devices, then why the company announces Jio Preview Offer for Asus and Panasonic smartphones? To clear your doubt, we will say the company has yet not officially confirmed JPO offer for all 4G manufacturers. But, since Jio officially confirmed JPO for Asus and Panasonic smartphones, people who are using these smartphones can claim Jio SIM without worrying about store refusal about issuing SIM cards.
According to our sources, we came to know that Jio is targeting to achieve 5 million customers through Jio Preview Offer before Reliance Industries AGM scheduled in next month, while the company has set a target to cross 10 million customers before commercial launch. Till then Jio would extend Preview Offer benefits to 4G smartphone users.
However, the company can slow down offering SIM cards under Jio Preview Offer after facing server crash issue resulting in server overloads and outages from pressure of new users. Though it’s not clear as to what the reason was, but Jio Care and Verification line was totally crashed after huge demand and lots of activation request from Reliance Retail platforms. Many Jio customers who tried to call customer care faced the issue which stayed for more than 30 hours.