Apple has finally introduced the cheaper variant of the iPhone 5C, the 8GB variant in India for Rs 37,500. It has launched it with a scheme under which the customers get a cash discount of Rs 4,000, thus bringing down the effective price to Rs 33,500. It is also offering a case worth Rs 2,300 to sweeten the deal.
Here are its specifications:
- 4.0 inch Retina display with a resolution of 1136 x 640 pixels
- iOS 7
- 1.3 GHz dual core A6 chipset
- PowerVR SGX 543MP3 GPU
- 1GB RAM
- 8GB internal storage (about 6 GB user available)
- 8MP rear camera with LED flash, 1.2MP front camera
- 1,510 mAh battery
- 4G, 3G, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0 with A2DP and GPS
But from what we can think of it, we suggest you wait a bit before going in for it if you find the offer attractive enough. We have seen now that Apple devices do witness a fall in the price after some time and Apple introduces buyback schemes too for them. So the price of the iPhone 5C can be expected to touch a sub Rs 30,000 price point in the coming couple of months. The iPhone 5C in 16GB guise is already on sale for around Rs 34,000 so it makes little or no sense to go in for 8GB variant now.